Spring 'n' Roll with Shrimp
Crunchy and refreshing. These Vietnamese spring rolls are made with shrimp, variety of vegetables and rice noodles wrapped in rice paper. They are so much fun to roll together with kids, or by yourself.
Serve with our signature sauce for some added adventure.
The kit also includes a fresh fruit and veggie snack, a sweet treat, and a personalized LovinNote.
- Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- Rice paper wrapper
- Spinach leaves
- Sauce: hummus, tahini, soy sauce and maple syrup
You will need: 1 medium pot, 1 small pot, 1 shallow dish
Cooking Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot. Cover with lid to make the water boil faster.
- Once the water is boiling, add the vermicelli rice noodles and boil for 2-4 min until soft.
- Drain the noodles through a colander. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
Remove tails from shrimp. If desired, thinly slice about half a cucumber from the provided Lovinlunch side vegetables.
Making Spring Rolls
- Fill a large shallow dish with cold water and soak the first rice paper wrapper for about 10 sec until it becomes pliable, but be careful not to over soak it.
- Place the soaked sheet on a slightly wet working surface.
- Create first row: Place 3 spinach leaves, add noodles, carrots and cucumbers on top.
- Create second row: place 3 shrimp.
- Roll up the first row.
- Fold in the sides.
- Roll everything up to close.
- Repeat to make the rest of your spring rolls.
The Best Part - Snacks!
Meanwhile, wash your fruits and veggies and cut them however your kids like (halves, sticks, stars, whatever you have time for), add the treat and write your note with love.
If you pack the rolls into a lunch box, slightly sprinkle them with water to prevent from sticking to each other. Serve with our signature sauce on the side.
Now your Lovinlunch is ready!